underground since'89

send vinyl, tapes and zines for review to:

tobi vail P.O. Box 2572 Olympia, WA 98507 USA

email mp3's, links, photos and flyers to:

jigsawunderground@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Yo! Majesty Interview

Yo! Majesty were recently interviewed here



from the interview:

I know that expressing your sexuality is very important to the music and that promoting your spirituality is also very important. But a lot of people in hip-hop would charge that those two worlds are contradictory. How do you respond to that?

SK: It's not even about that. It's all about being who I am. I'm not going to go through on a mini-skirt and some heels just to sell a record, just because that's what the industry stereotype tells me what to do. I'm going to create my own path. If you don't want to give it to me, I'm going to take it, even if by force. Each and every day people all over the world want to know about what exactly Yo! Majesty is all about. When people ask me why we preach about religion I tell them that I'm not religious. I can't even stand for someone to refer to me as a Christian even though I believe in Jesus Christ because the name has been slandered. Christians are out there poking little boys in the booty and molesting little girls. I don't want to be associated with that. Just call me a believer. Yo! Majesty sets the people free.

No comments: